Skip to main content

390 channels = 194 ins, 196 out

Looks very impressive and at 14 samples and no errors.

But who here used this many channels? Its got to be a very small number of studios compared to most yes? Never the less, looks very impressive.

Comments

hueseph Fri, 06/15/2012 - 00:09

That's impressive to say the least. I bet there's some body somewhere that's shaking in their boots thinking "Maybe that ultra expensive dsp battery was not all I thought it was".

"I think it's uh....the opposite of expensive." Yup. That's a steal from what I can tell. I know there are other companies claiming that they have this part of the market. I'm wondering now if that is changing. I can see Nuendo and Sequoia having equal footing now along with others.

As for the question of who uses that many channels? Audio Post studios easily use that many channels.

beasound Mon, 07/23/2012 - 18:48

What everyone forgets is that it's 190 inputs at 48KHz. There are a lot of live recording applications between 60-80 channels that would love to be at 96KHz, but it's double the hardware to do it. Until now. At a concert with a Digico SD10 console, now I could run the console at 96KHz (meaning lower latency for the live mix) and track up to 56 channels very simply with its 2 MADI outputs (limited to 56 by Digico's MADI implementation).

Also, even if you'll never use more than 32 channels, the onboard EQ for all the ins and outs on a MADI platform is a steal for a ton of applications.