Skip to main content

Right now I have: Mackie HR824's, Behringer HR400 headphone amp, dbx376, Bellari RP503, BBE 882, (2) RNP/RNC. As of now the BBE isn't even connected to the 002, and the RNP/RNC's aren't connected to the outs, so I can't use them as inserts in Pro Tools. I plan on getting two more pre's/compressors and another channel strip within the next few weeks.

How in the world shall I connect all of this outboard gear? I rarely use the pre's on ins 1-4. I record one instrument at a time, so with drums, the most mics I would be using at once would be about six. What's a good brand for a patchbay-dbx, Neutrik? I connect the monitors to the monitor outs and the headphone amp the the main outs. I would GREATLY appreciate any suggestions.

Comments

anonymous Sun, 03/06/2005 - 10:21

Check out an Alesis optical patchbay AI-3 or the behinger ada8000 or if you want to spend a large wad of cash, the Rosetta 800. I believe Panasonic and Ramsa also make one of these. All of these are 8X8 balanced +4 -10 I/O, 44.1/48 devices that will connect via the adat I/O fiber optic on your 002. These will all give you 16 ins and outs out of your 002. Many people in this forum use this setup.