Skip to main content

I am new to this site so forgive me if I ask too many questions.

I have many questions.
I was wondering if anybody out there has any experience with the Sanken co-100K mics?
I want to use them to record some stuff in 5.1 surround but when I use the decca tree technique I need a cardioid mic as well.
Can anybody give me some advice cause I want to use the Qtc50 Earthworks mic which is an omni with the Sanken's together to record the whole frequency spectrum.
Here's my story:
I want to record the side transients from some acoustical instruments which go till 100-150 khz and add the low end with the Earthworks mic which goes down to 3 hz cause the Sanken goes only down to 20hz.
As pre-amp I will use the Zero distortion pre from Earthworks with converters from dcs which record at 384 khz to capture the side transients and my mic cables will be Siltech pro.
Here are my questions:
-Because of no experience with surround miking, is the decca tree stereo compatible? I mean is it possible to extract stereo from the recordings?
-Do yo have any surround Micing techniques advice?
-Are there more people like me using plugin compressor limiters instead of hardware while recording acoustical instruments?
-Where can I find a list of how much dynamics some instruments have?

All advice is welcome.
Thanks a lot for taking time for me. 8-) 8-)

x

User login