Skip to main content

Hello all,

I'm looking to use my XG Factory with something new but I can't find enough info on this even through the SW1000XG users group. If there are any users of the SW1000XG with newer systems, please let me know what motherboard and cpu you are using with it.

I have a newer system with a firewire audio interface so I'm not looking to replace anything. Just want to utilize this card.

Thank you.

Topic Tags

Comments

lmu2002 Fri, 08/31/2007 - 01:22

Late as I am

Just noticed this...
I replaced my sw1000xg only yesterday with a firebox. The sw1000xg was working fine with an athlon64/3500 and asus motherboard (about year old stuff). But the sw1000xg started to give up, slowly. It produces a weird distortion when playing back. If playback volumes are turned down, say down to only 10%, then the distortion is hardly noticeable but the S/N ratio suffers greatly from this. I needed to finish a half done cd project with it and now when I got the firebox it's like someone had cleaned a dirty window. Crystal clear. Nice.

I took the sw1000xg off the computer. It was a sad moment as I bought it back in '99. Best piece of hardware I've ever bought.
Now I'm interested hearing your experiences when combining the sw1000xg with a fw interface. How do you use them together? How do you output the sw1000xg internally?