Skip to main content

I figured I'd make a general discussion/q&a forum for this because i will need it.
Anyways,
I just installed my Tascam 1641 today.
Overall, it is great, however so far I tried recording through the two guitar inputs in the front, and the guitar (no matter how high iturn up the volume) it doesn't show it coming up on the software...
help?

I'm challenged when it comes to new interfaces and recording equiptment...
:oops:

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Sun, 12/21/2008 - 17:16

StephenMC wrote: Did you plug it into your computer? Is it on? Is it selected as your audio I/O device on your computer?

yes all of the above...

all of the xlr inputs work..which leads to my next question...

when i first plugged in my drum mics into the first 3 xlr inputs, it was mono (left) then i switched some of the xlr's around and then i had my bass drum mic (Left) and the rest (right)
why does it do this and how can i get it all even?

RemyRAD Sun, 12/21/2008 - 18:36

All of these recording interfaces will default to left, right or, mono, when recording to tracks. After you record, then you can position things for your mix. When recording, your monitoring may simply be dictated by how you routed the recording input? You May Be Faced with the Option of Recording Each Input to a Single Track? Or to a Stereo Track? If You're Choosing Stereo Track? Then You May Be Monitoring Only Left or, Right? Not Sure Why My Voice Recognition Is Capitalizing Everything?? It's OK. I'm too lazy to type. And my voice recognition software knows that. Now it's not misbehaving. I am. So you see? It happens to me too. And the problem miraculously stopped because I think my voice recognition software knows who's boss? So when you teach your software whose boss, maybe it will listen to you better?

When I grow up I want to be Mrs. Butterworth.
Ms. Remy Ann David

anonymous Sun, 12/21/2008 - 19:23

RemyRAD wrote: All of these recording interfaces will default to left, right or, mono, when recording to tracks. After you record, then you can position things for your mix. When recording, your monitoring may simply be dictated by how you routed the recording input? You May Be Faced with the Option of Recording Each Input to a Single Track? Or to a Stereo Track? If You're Choosing Stereo Track? Then You May Be Monitoring Only Left or, Right? Not Sure Why My Voice Recognition Is Capitalizing Everything?? It's OK. I'm too lazy to type. And my voice recognition software knows that. Now it's not misbehaving. I am. So you see? It happens to me too. And the problem miraculously stopped because I think my voice recognition software knows who's boss? So when you teach your software whose boss, maybe it will listen to you better?

When I grow up I want to be Mrs. Butterworth.
Ms. Remy Ann David

haha i cant really tell if you were concentrating more on the voice recognition or my issue ahha

hueseph Wed, 12/24/2008 - 18:08

jackiecas1 wrote: [quote=StephenMC]Oh, are you trying to plug your electric straight into the interface?

yeah, and also
i am short of 1 xlr cable so i use a xlr to 1/4" and it also come up very low volume....

what do i do...

As JvD pointed out, inputs 9 and 10 are designated instrument inputs. Use those.