Skip to main content

I've been trying to get a this Tascam interface to work for a while now, and not having much luck.

It will record onto a digital audio track in Logic, but the latency (delay) is terrible and unusable. (both the recording and the monitoring)

Does anyone have any experience with this device using Logic? I'll admit I don't know enough about Logic, but it just seems like this should be easier.
I'm thinking there is a fundamental problem that I'm missing.

Thanks for your help!

Comments

jg49 Wed, 04/08/2009 - 08:21

I think you may have your monitors hooked up incorrectly. Are you using the computer outs or computer speakers as your monitors? The info on your unit claims zero latency hardware config. That usually means that the interface corrects latency so your monitoring system should be hooked up through the Tascam unit. I only glanced at the unit online but if does not have a left/right main out you might have to use the headphone jack, a stereo splitter and some amplified monitoring system. This should be covered in your manual.

jg49 Wed, 04/08/2009 - 11:49

No experience with Logic, maybe Mr Guitarfreak will chime in, but the DAW should not matter with a zero latency interface, buffer size does change latency, lower levels equal less latency, higher ones = more latency but are better for tracking generally. I know I run high buffers but my interface (Presonus) does not cause any latency related issues when overtracking or in playback.

Do you have all non recording programs closed, nothing running in the background like antivirus, firewalls, wireless or network cards are all disabled?