Skip to main content

Hey guys sorry to bug but i got the us 144 Tascam I'm using a toshiba laptop with vista everything is fine but when i record its only recording out one so it plays back through one speaker instead of 2. Im using Mixcraft 4 with it anything would help on settings and stuff new to this

Topic Tags

Comments

jg49 Thu, 10/15/2009 - 18:58

Are you using one mic? Or plugging a single guitar cord in? Because those are mono sources.
Are you recording to a stereo track in the computer? Record a mono source into a stereo track and it will only come out of the left or right whichever you tracked it into. So you should be recording mono tracks and making certain that you have not panned it to either side and it should come out of both speakers.

jg49 Fri, 10/16/2009 - 02:31

I have no idea what analog L is as far as tracking goes. If your tracks are recorded in mono (they really should be) they are usually, and always could be, routed out to a stereo output (this is something that you set up in a project in the very beginning, READ your manual.)
If we take three mono tracks for example, a guitar track, piano, vocal. If we pan the guitarist almost all the way to the left 80% of the sound will come from the left speaker 20% from the right. Pan the piano almost all the way right and again you get 80% right and twenty % left, leave the vocals untouched and they will come equally from both left and right thus we create a stereo image that makes you feel as though the guitarist was stage left, piano stage right and vocalist center stage. This is much more complex when mixing twenty or more tracks but the idea is the same. READ about panning in your manual, in fact read your manual you can not learn how to use your software (DAW) by posting individual questions in a forum.

x

User login