Skip to main content

I've been saving up to buy the Universal Audio 2-610 to use in my studio, because of the amazing sounds I've heard come out of it. I noticed that it only has balanced XLR outs, which is good, but a little bit of a problem in my case. I need to get the Universal Audio 2-610 from the 2-610 to my computer. If I were to send the the signal from the 2-610 with the balanced XLR outs into my dbx 386 Tube Preamp balanced XLR balanced ins, then used the S/PDIF out on my dbx into my Emu-1212m sound card, would I still be able to get the Universal Audio 2-610 tone? or would running it through the dbx 386 kill the tone or possibly make it better? If that will kill the tone, how can I get the 2-610 into my Emu-1212m with no quality loss?

Comments

RemyRAD Thu, 08/14/2008 - 15:14

You may have more money than talent? Your DBX 386 is already a preamp & digital interface and while you can plug your 610 into it, it's not going to make you sound any more talented, or improve your recordings. You're looking for the magic pill. What you might want to invest in are some quality converters like Apogee's. I don't even own those. My recording sound so good even mediocre converters do the job. Yours should too. What are you really looking for?

Digi design & Roland converter inputs
Ms. Remy Ann David