Skip to main content

Does anyone have an opinion on this mic? How good is it (for the price)? And what is the difference between the C3000 and the C3000b model except from the colour? What instruments is it usable for?

Comments

Cucco Wed, 12/08/2004 - 08:09

Sork:

So, you asked for an opinion without many qualifiers. I'll give my opinion, but please remember, opinions are like A$$-holes, everyone has 'em and they all stink!

AKG C3000 - Piece of Shit.

AKG C3000B - Repackaged Piece of Shit.

Ultimately, if you are looking for a good voice mic, SPs would be better in almost every application. AT 4050's and 4047s are far better in most applications. If you are looking for a good "all around" mic - this just ain't it. If you like the AKG line, try just a small step up and go with their Solid Tube. It's better, but still not anywhere near the upper echelon of what AKG's good mics used to be.

Personally I would consider all of the stuff from Rode, Audix, AT, and SP before I would look at the 3000.

But hey, that's just my opinion. :D

J...

Cucco Thu, 12/09/2004 - 05:46

Nope, the 3000 and the 3000B are both large diaphragm - the 3000 supposedly has a newly designed diaphragm and the pad is actually directly in line with the capsule. The small diaphragm side address microphone that AKG makes is the C2000B and it is also a piece of shit.

No offense to AKG, but they certainly are not aiming for the same crowd they used to with these (C1000,C2000,C3000,C4000) mics. Again, in this range, the AT's kill the AKGs in almost every application. Of course, this is all my opinion.

J...

Cucco Sat, 12/11/2004 - 07:17

What, I wasn't being too persistent on that whole piece of shit thing, was I? :)

Truly, the Beta 58 is probably (at least in my opinion) every bit as good or better than the 3000. Seriously though, if you are looking at spending that kind of dough on a mic you do have several options. Probably the best mic in the world for about the same amount of money would be an AT 4047. I think it runs a little more, but with the help of Ebay, you should be able to find one for around the same price. The 4047 is a gem that you will find in any pro's closet and works on so much stuff it's hard to imagine.

I'd be willing to provide other suggestions, but I don't want to ramble on about it if you don't want other suggestions. Let us know, and I'm sure you'll get so many ideas, your inbox will overflow.

Thanks,

J...

x