Skip to main content

I run Pro Tools 5.1 on a 733mHz Mac with 1.5 GB of ram in my mac, one processor.
I never run anything at the same time as pro tools, and pro tools is what I run mostly.

My question is how much memory to give Pro Tools and the DAE. WHen I highlight either icon of PTools or DAE,and press "apple i" a box opens up, and I can give more memory to both programs, what should I give to each program to max out my system? I know its asking for ram, but how much of my 1.5 gb can I afford to give it.

Topic Tags

Comments

sdelsolray Mon, 12/15/2003 - 19:10

Originally posted by Paladyne:
I run Protools 5.1 on a 733mHz Mac with 1.5 GB of ram in my mac, one processor.
I never run anything at the same time as pro tools, and pro tools is what I run mostly.

My question is how much memory to give Pro Tools and the DAE. WHen I highlight either icon of PTools or DAE,and press "apple i" a box opens up, and I can give more memory to both programs, what should I give to each program to max out my system? I know its asking for ram, but how much of my 1.5 gb can I afford to give it.

You've got alot of memory there. You can give the DAE application, as well at the ProTools application lotsa ram, certainly much much more thanfactory default. Make sure to leave enough left of OS 9.