Skip to main content

Hi everyone,
I was wondering about the relative merits of these preamps. I know how they differ in terms of the knobs on offer, but how good are they? I'm particularly interested in the DMCL with digital converters.

I'm considering these as I've seen some good prices lately since production started to wind down.

How good is the EQ on the CIB, and the comps on the DMCL? Sorry for bombarding you with so many questions!

Thanks everyone!

John Stafford

Topic Tags

Comments

John Stafford Thu, 11/25/2004 - 20:59

Thank you AudioGaff for sharing your expertise with me.

I might just get the DCML, or both the CIB and DAV BG1. It's so difficult to get decent prices in Europe though.

I forgot to ask about the compressor section in the CIB. Is that nice? I know that quite a few people have a problem with the placement of the EQ and dynamics in relations to one another.

Thanks again,
John Stafford

John Stafford Sat, 11/27/2004 - 22:13

Gentlemen, for some reason I didn't see your replies. Sorry for not acknowledging them sooner!

I'm still not sure what to get. I'm trying to get a few decent pieces together instead of a load of mediocre ones. I don't have much experience of different mic preamps, so your opinions are very helpful. The search is such fun though!

Regards,
John Stafford