Skip to main content

I have to choose between the two mic preamps: RNP or AMEK 9098 DMA. Which is better, which one to buy? Has anybody used or tested these side by side (money is not the question)?
I'd really appreciate any advice. ! :)

Topic Tags

Comments

Reggie Wed, 04/27/2005 - 13:13

sepoksto wrote: I have to choose between the two micpres: RNP or AMEK 9098 DMA. Which is better, which one to buy? Has anybody used or tested these side by side (money is not the question)???
I´d really appreciate any advice....! :)

Why do you HAVE to choose between these?
{if you are being held hostage and have a gun to your head, type ···---··· and we will send help}

anonymous Wed, 04/27/2005 - 15:02

RNP or AMEK 9098...

Reggie asked: "Why do you HAVE to choose between these?"

I don´t really have to. There are of course other alternatives... An engineer, former studio-owner is selling these mic pre´s and I don´t
have a chance to test them right now.

I know AMEK 9098 DMA is supposed to be high end class A (?). But what about RNP - I´ve read some good reviews about this ugly "really nice pre amp" (http://www.harmony-central.com). And it´s a bit cheaper...

I´m just curious to hear any user comments/experiences about these. What´s the sound like (this very subjective thing only matters to me). So, is there anybody who is able to compare/comment....? (sorry my english)

x

User login