Skip to main content

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone here has ever used the API 8200 and 8200a summing mixers. If so, are they at all like the 3124? Is this a good set of pre's for tracking rock drums, just going in XLR and out the send from the insert? Any advice would be helpfull,

Thanks
Brian

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Thu, 01/13/2005 - 15:57

I realize that they are line mixers, but can they be used in the same fashion as pre amps, for example, mic one goes into ch 1, is there a way to get that sound out to go into my interface, or does it just group the channels down to a stereo output. The auction is for both units as well as the power supply..

Thanks
brian

anonymous Thu, 01/13/2005 - 20:55

I realize that they are line mixers, but can they be used in the same fashion as pre amps, for example, mic one goes into ch 1,

You may realize that they are line mixers, but it sounds like you don't realize what a line mixer is. You can't plug microphones into them. Line level only.

does it just group the channels down to a stereo output.

That's pretty much what a mixer does. Some mixers have direct outputs, but those mixers tend to have microphone inputs as well. This one does have inserts, which could be used as direct outputs, but since you can't plug microphones into it I'm not sure what use you'd have for them.

If you had a pair of 3124's, and wanted to mix them down to two tracks...that would be a good use for an 8200.

-Duardo