Skip to main content

I have a M audio fast track pro USB interface. Please help and thank you.

Comments

anonymous Tue, 02/03/2009 - 11:26

Well I plan to upgrade my interface to a 8 channel one and yes I wanna be able to track live drums. And the main reason I bought a analog mixer was with hopes of being able to use some outboard gear.

And right know I dont know how to get the signal of the mixer into my computer. I'm still new at this so please let me know if anything that im doing makes sense, I am after all in this forum to learn.

RemyRAD Tue, 02/03/2009 - 13:04

You are purchasing equipment in a willy-nilly way. Your computer interface is of course only capable of 2 simultaneous inputs. If you are good at miking up a drum set? You can certainly record multiple microphones to just 2 tracks. Many of us have over the years done just that in the analog world. But that's not necessarily the most proficient way to go about making a rock-and-roll recording.

I think having any kind of a mixer always comes in handy at some point in time for whatever your reasons? But having 8 simultaneous inputs such as from a Presonus or similar interface from another manufacturer is the only way to multi-track recording in the computer.

But all any of this takes is money and more money. Some extra money. Money down the drain money. Money lost & more money lost. Money you were lucky enough not to lose in the stock market money. Money you print with your color laser printer money. And a newspaper route.

Will record for food.
Ms. Remy Ann David

x

User login