Skip to main content

I had the 824s for a while and didnt like them the least bit i could not get the mixes translating very well. This was disasterous for distributed material. I now use the event TR-6 and a super highend Amphion Argon2 minimonitor with a Bryston 3bsst amp this setup has really showed up flaws I'm my recordings and in commercialy released CDs.

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Thu, 02/05/2004 - 04:02

mackie hr824s are garbage. i got to model them in the same studio with event asp8's.. WOW.
asp8's blew them away. a true flat freq. great dynamics, stereo imaging, great solid low end down to 30hz unlike the dirty loose soundign bass from the 824s...
you hear everything when mixing on asp8's or asp6's.. i haven't used the TR-6's but i'm sure they're nice... take a look at the asp6's..

jonyoung Thu, 02/05/2004 - 05:16

Maybe I just got lucky......I play my 824 mixes back on cheap home stereo, car CD player, boom box, high end systems, I'm getting nice tight bass just like I'm hearing when I mix, and I'm a bassplayer, so I pay extra attention to that. There are a couple of other reasons besides the speakers themselves for what gets heard ie: room acoustics, transfer functions of the equipment in the signal path. I know there are many monitors out there that are better, but I respectfully submit that, at least for me, the 824's don't hardly suck.

anonymous Sun, 02/22/2004 - 07:17

If you want a superb monitoring system, check these out
Amphion Argon 2
and a bryston 4bsst(the new one)

these are a brilliant system that is so true and easy on the ears, words cannot explain them
they crossover outside the critical range (these crossover at 1200hz) and they show up any and i mean any flaws in the recording. I did a mix on bm6a's and i didnt hear one of the idiot player's vibrating cell go off but when i brought the mix to my place and heard it it was quite noticeable. Again DA converters and room and all make a diff but not to the point your missing info.
Check it out
in cdn the argon2 are 1900 and the bryson is $2,729 at last check at Saved By Tech