Skip to main content

Hey there!

Can someone tell me what the difference between the current c 414's are. There are the B-xl II, B-XLS. Is one better than another? I was interested in buying a pair but not sure which one to go with?

Thanks

Topic Tags

Comments

DigitraxRec Mon, 06/15/2009 - 15:45

The XLS was designed as a (more-or-less) direct replacement for the C414B-ULS, which is transformer balanced and has a flat response (+/- 2db or less by spec, I believe). The XLII replaced the C414B-TL which is transformerless, and has a gradual HF "lift" starting at around 5K. Aside from the HF rise, the B-TL / XLII also exhibit a slightly deeper bottom as they are electronically balanced.

kmetal Wed, 07/22/2009 - 00:53

I went with the XLS based on the thought that if i needed to add a little more upper mids i could use eq to do so. therfore leaving me with a more versitile mic. I am happy with the mic and think it sounds great on vocals as well as evrything else i've recorded with it. This is the Best mic in my collection and i had to keep versitility in mind because i could only afford one 100 cindenser at the time. Go with what u think sounds the best.