Skip to main content

Hi,

Would love to get your advice on this. I see a whole bunch of options online, but don't really know what active monitors to get for my QS8 under $250.

Are the Roland DM20s the best I can do?
I honestly have no experience with this type of equipment. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

Comments

TeddyG Sat, 10/29/2005 - 09:06

The little Yamaha's would be my choice. I believe they're the MSP3's? Around your range... Excellent for what they are but won't have much bass.

A nice set of stereo computer speakers with their "subwoofer" from the office supply store may do fine as well?

If you can go 400, I'd lean on the Alesis Active MKII's.

Frankly, if you plan on being at all serious you'll upgrade to something exotic down the road anyway. For now, get something affordable that looks pretty and will work with your stuff you now have and be done with it. I ended up with Yamaha's 99 dollar computer speakers(No longer available), they are marvelous(For what they are.). If you have one nearby, try a music store like Guitar Center and listen to what they have... DON"T be talked into anything expensive - for now......

Keep in mind that to supplement your "cheap" speakers, you can get a very nice pair of headphones that will let you at least hear ALL of the sound top to bottom, for 50 to 100 bucks(And, they let you "wail away" into the wee hours with fewer complaints from the household...).

TG

x

User login