Skip to main content

I'm trying to nail a guitar sound. A sort of 1980's jcm 800 type thing. Some good examples would be bands like Zeke or The Dwarves even Turbonegro (if you can dig those albums up). Anyway, I can't seem to even come close to what I'm after. Do I need more than the Pod Pro, the Digi 001 and the Joemeek compression plugin ? Do I need to purchase some more hardware? I live in an apartment with close neighbors so Micing my half stack is out of the question. Some advice or examples would be a big help. Thanks - Jay

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Sun, 04/07/2002 - 08:15

Hi guy, not really. I have the very same setup and usually go for that sound. i run mine on the brit hi-gain straight into the 001 and love the sound. you might want to duplicate your track again, maybe use the joe meek meequalizer plugin, if you have it. There are a couple of presets in there that i sometimes use(#1 and#2). By the way, my 5150 has been setting in the corner of my studio collecting dust(so to speak) ever since i bought my pro modeler. Let me know if this helps at all.

anonymous Sun, 04/07/2002 - 12:29

Hey Craig, I do have the Meequalizer. It's a big help. The Brit Hi Gain is a little too metal sounding for me. I did run it as you advised. but it seems like my high end is too abrasive and my low end is muffled. I just got a book that talks about reamping and compressing with master tracks. I'm going to run some more tests. We'll see what happens. Thanks - Jay