Skip to main content

Hello everyone,
i have come across a Yamaha 03D in mint condition and I'm thinking of using it with a digi 001. What i really want to do is take advantage of the gain stages and processors on the console and track into the digi. My issue? i only see an ADAT card so i know i can get 8 channels of fiber optic out and into the digi but i dont see any analog outs. of course, here i am once again trying to find a solution for 16 simultaneos ins to a digi 001. i Dont know if its possible with a Yamaha 03D can anybody tell me if there is a way or if it is impossible? maybe using the bus outs and aux outs? maybe its simply a bad idea? any thoughts are welcome.
-sam

Comments

anonymous Tue, 03/01/2005 - 07:02

Auxsam wrote:
here i am once again trying to find a solution for 16 simultaneos ins to a digi 001.

Check out a used Alesis AI3 optical patchbay which has 8 balanced ins and outs to an 001 or 002 via light pipe at +4 or -10 levels. Mine has worked excellent for the last 3 years and they can be had for $3-400 US used. You will still need some kind of pres like the direct outs of a Mackie 1604 or similiar. If you just need "ins" check out a Presonus Digimax LT or the Focusrite Octopre. I am not familiar with the 03D. Good Luck!!

x

User login