Skip to main content

I'm thinking of buying a digi 002R to go with my new G5 and Logic Pro. Do Digi 002R and Logic get along ok? What's the performance like? Crash much?

I think the other option for me is to get an Mbox so i can use Pro Tools (a must!), and a PreSonus firepod for recording more than 2 things at a time. This is a little cheaper than digi 002R but its kinda cumbersom, i'm not sure i can be arsed with having two things kicking around, two lots of cabling etc. But with some USA ebay action cud be signifigantly cheaper and get the job done

wot wud u do?

(peace, respect etc.)

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Fri, 07/29/2005 - 08:01

hey how's it going
from experiance the 002 works with Logic with no problems.. That then gives you ALOT of ins and outs for a cross software system!
If ProTools is a must what i might also suggest is looking into some of the new M-Audio gear with PT M-Powered. Some great deals going on so far especially in the USA.

I use a system running PT HD and Logic Pro7 and it works a treat obviously the dXb in the chain is a VERY weak link haha

But overall, if you have to run both, and you need more than 2 inputs i'd suggest 002 or M-Audio FireWire 1814

jonnyc Fri, 09/02/2005 - 11:33

Hey iznogood could you go a little more into what you're talking about. What do you mean minimum 512 samples I run a 002 and have no problems with latency. And if you're talking about sample rate I have mine set at 128 in ptle. If we're talking about different things can you please enlighten me.

iznogood Fri, 09/02/2005 - 12:13

the thing is that you can set the h/w buffersize (latency) to low values in protools.... but when you use digi hardware in logic it has to go through the driver called "digidesign core audio driver".... and although you can set the buffersize to low values in logic you actually get no less than 512 samples in and out totalling 1024 samples from in to out.... to much for anything imo

it's been a while since i tested it..... but as far as i know it hasn't changed....

x

User login