Skip to main content

So I'm getting pretty tired of my bx5-a's, I'm not too satisfied by them.
my room is a 3x3 meters cube, with walls that are not too strong (they start shaking if I pump the volumebass too much)
so 5" would be more than enough, I have 500$ to invest in these.
I would like to buy from musiciansfriend but if you have something that isn't there to suggest me, feel free to do so!
I am going to use my monitors for mixing, monitoring, recording and pretty much everything you do in a studio.
I was thinking about the KRK Rokit Powered 5" Generation 3 or the JBL LSR305 5"
what do you think about these? what do you suggest?
thanks alot!

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Wed, 10/01/2014 - 03:35

If your room is bad sounding, then no monitor, regardless of price or quality, is going to help you out.

I haven't used ether of the NF's you mentioned, but both companies have a track record of building good monitors.

Although, again, if your room is in bad shape acoustically, you're wasting your money.

Jonnyboy Wed, 10/01/2014 - 03:38

my room is in great shape acoustically, I have brought a pro acoustic engineer and my panels are of extreamly high quality - in volumes not too high.
as I said, if I pump the bassvolume TOO much, the walls will start shaking, but in lower (but decent) volumes my room sounds great.
I just came across the Equator D5 the Yamaha HS5 and the ADAM F5, how are they compared to the other ones I've mentioned?