Skip to main content

I have just started getting in to the recording of music and for Christmas would like a recorder. My parents said anywhere in the neighborhood of $200-$300 is what they could spend on it. I really don't want any computer programs or stuff to record to a computer. I would like either an Analog 4- track recorder or a Digital 4- track recorder. I was wondering if anyone would be kidnd enough to reccommend a recorder for me so I can know where to at least begin my search. Remember either Digital or Analog and I would like it to be a 4-track. Thanks a lot.

Topic Tags

Comments

alba359 Tue, 11/23/2004 - 18:38

Considered 4 or 8 track Mini disc?

You might consider a used multi track mini disc recorder. They're cheap on Ebay. The Yamaha md4s(?) 4 track unit has a built in mixer and I understand it can be mated to another Yamaha mini disc recorder to give you more tracks. Used MD recorders usually go for under $250. Homerecording.com has an entire forum dedicated to minidisc recording. You can go there and check with people who have experience on mini disc recorders. One problem is the 140mb data discs are getting harder to find. I think they run about $16. The good side of that is they can be used over and over again without sound degradation. Good luck.

x

User login