Skip to main content

Hi,

I hope someone out there can help me with this problem. I finished recording a band on my PC yesterday, via my M Audio Delta 1010LT soundcard. As i went to mix the tracks and plugged it all back in at home, the sound of anything coming from my computer sounds muffled and distorted.

I read in the manual that this could be something to do with the sample codec, but i've made sure these settings have stayed the same since before, so i can't work out whats wrong.

Anyone have any ideas on how i could solve the problem?

John

Comments

Space Thu, 01/24/2008 - 16:44

I would re check all your plug ins and hook ups and what not. If you moved a desktop computer as it reads that you did, it would be easy to burn the schematic on your 1010lt hookup.

I doubt anything has changed from one room to the next. Also look into the codec sample rate "via" the M-audio Delta control panel. Set it to 44.1 if it is not there.

Let me know if that works so I can set up a payment plan with ya ;)

Space Fri, 01/25/2008 - 16:24

I wouldn't move the card around John. Unless you have installed another hardware card, nothing should change inside the box.

You are using the same software you recorded in to mix in? All connections were done with your equipment off, correct? What about your monitoring...you rechecked and it is wired correctly? Does it sound different using headphones?

I agree the output setting should be matched to your equipment as noted by hueseph, but it wouldn't do much more then make the audio signal more hot or less hot.

As a simple test, when you play a song from a CD does it still not perform correctly?

Space Tue, 01/29/2008 - 15:21

I have old drivers for this card if needed. If you go to the link hueseph gave a few posts above and get the updated driver/ control panel software, on my system, it un loaded the older drivers/control panel anyway before it installed new software.

Hopefully it will be as simple as that.

mark_van_j Tue, 01/29/2008 - 17:58

We've had problems with our DELTA 1010 rack, where it simply wouldn't turn on. This happened twice so far, overnight, with no mucking about.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's an internal connection problem. (bad connections, solders, whatnot). After getting it replaced, it was hell on earth reinstalling the drivers and software (after reformatting the PC) because the sample rate would have a mind of its own. (improper master sample rate would cause a highly distorted sound, depending on how far away it was from the original sample rate)