Skip to main content

just purchased the emu 0404 and as a newbie, i have a few questions i hope someone can help answer.

how do i hook up studio monitors to the soundcard? do i have to buy a mixer or can i just plug them into the card directly?

thanks in advance for your help!

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Mon, 01/31/2005 - 07:54

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply! Is it possible to plug headphones directly into the powered monitors? I'm also confused about the 2 outputs on the soundcard. One says left output and the other says right output. Would I need to plug in each speaker to each output? And if I do that, how then would i plug in headphones? Thank you so much for your time and help.. I'm really looking forward to learning more about home recording.

Thanks!

AudioGaff Mon, 01/31/2005 - 18:15

There are two outputs because stereo is and has to be two outputs L and R. Just like stereo speakers, one left and one right, get it?

And no, you can't connect heaphones and speakers directly at the same time to the outputs of the 0404. You would need another device such as mixer or you could use y-cord adapaters and go out of the 0404 and into both powered speakers and a headphone amp.