Skip to main content

Has anyone heard these speakers. I'm looking for a pair of small 4" woofer speakers to give me tha car stereo perspective of my mixes. I'm currently mixing with Genelec 1031's and a pair of computer speakers. The KRK 4000's can be had very cheap online but I haven't been able to auditon a pair locally. Thanks.

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Thu, 04/11/2002 - 05:21

Personally I think KRK are evil... some people get massive woodies for them but not me.... some say i am crazy becuase where work we have V8's and i wheel out the NS10's and it makes them cringe but i know them and they relate a hell of a lot better than krk.. IMHO.

But lately i ahve had a major hardon for PMC speakers.. We dont have ADAMS here in Oz but these babies eat Quested's for breakfast! THey have fantastic even and detailed response across the spectrum and translate REALLY well fro an audiophile speaker! which is quite bizzre to say the least...

SO investigate these puppies.. they wont disapoint.

YMMV

PEACE
Wiggy

anonymous Thu, 04/11/2002 - 05:49

Hey Wiggy...I have no deep love for the KRKs either. I think you might have missed my point...I'm looking for a pair of little speakers with a 4" woofer, something that will reflect the punchy sound that you hear in a car stereo. Something that will fall between the $50 computer speakers and the Genelec 1031's that I am using. I had been thinking about the NS-10's or Minimus 7 and then I found the KRK 4000 for $100 each, but again I haven't heard them and I'm afraid of a hyped up low end.