Skip to main content

Just compared the Royer PS-101 Pop Filter to my "Popper Stopper " and I like it a lot. Its made of steel so its obviously going to last forever compared to my nylon style with a run starting. It seems to be slightly clearer as well so I definitely recommend this. It is a bit heavier on a boom so that is something to take into consideration.

What other pop filters do you use?

Comments

Big K Sun, 10/24/2010 - 12:39

During a little celebration of the 20th anniversary of my studio I received this nice gift from 2 colleagues:

Pauly P120 T-30 Popkiller

Pauly P120 T-30 Popkiller

It is an excellent popfilter with a very good gooseneck and really kills any plops and wind....
Better then any other I have ever tried, but frankly, I had never spend as much cash on such a thing....
I hope, it lasts to the 40th, now.

audiokid Sun, 10/24/2010 - 13:13

ooh, those are expensive Big K. It looks to be nylon sheer similar to the popper stopper. Not sure I like how it bolts between the clip and goose neck because:
The extreme C bend in the goose neck may droop or fall into an unforgiving memory overtime making it harder to use with various mics and sizes.

Big K Mon, 10/25/2010 - 04:20

A lot of cash, very true...
But absolutely well build. I use it all the time and it does not show any sign of wear & tear and it is way more transparent to sound.
The goose neck is much better adjustable then any of the other maybe 5 goose necks I have.
If you ever have worked with the Neumann pop filter... it is a touch better in any aspect. If this is worth the extra 60 Euro.. Hmmm...
But how could I complain, ..it was a present... and something I enjoy to handle every day...

Thanks, Gary & Martin..if you read this...