Skip to main content

Hey,
Im thinking about upgrading my DAW system. I want to sell either my Tascam board or the Biamp board that I have. I use both right now. What Im getting at is if anyone has an opinion on what i should sell. Should I get rid of the Tascam or the Biamp or both? Im using an ADAT HD24 and a Tascam 48 half inch machine.
Any opinion would be cool.
Thanks

Comments

Boswell Tue, 08/09/2011 - 07:30

The Biamp is a classy board, which is unfortunately more than can be said of the Tascam. From that you should be able to work out which of the two I would keep if I were in your position. I assume you take the Biamp's pre-fader outputs into the inputs of the HD24 for recording.

However, when it comes to a DAW upgrade, that doesn't get you all the way. You haven't said what you are using as an interface to the computer at the moment, how many channels you need, or what your budget is, but what you could consider is getting something like the RME FireFace UFX as your computer interface. This would give you 4 good mic channels, 8 further line inputs and 16 input channels of ADAT. You could connect 8 of the Biamp's pre-fader outputs to the line inputs of the UFX and the remaining 8 Biamp channels into the HD24, using the HD24 as additional conversion into the ADAT inputs of the UFX.

How often and for what purpose do you use the Tascam 48 tape unit?

Which DAW software are you running at the moment?

x

User login