Skip to main content

i am new to inter faces i was kinda dumb and bought a Alesis multi mix 6 thinking i could have 6 sepperate channels in my software i was gonna do a guitar and mic at the same time but it all comes out in one mono channel in my software does the Tascam us-1800 come out like that 2 >? i just dont wanna fork out the cash for the same problem i need to mic my drums and adjust each drum afterwards

Topic Tags

Comments

jimmys69 Sat, 05/14/2011 - 17:35

I believe you have 2 separate 'mono' channels to your software with this man. Just pan the inputs opposite each other.

To answer your 1800 question, it is able to send 16 total separate mono tracks (two of them digital which involves a separate preamp with digital outs). It has has 10 preamps. You can however use your alesis multi mix 6 as 2 more preamps giving you 12 separate (preamped) inputs. Big bang for you bucks.

jimmys69 Sat, 05/14/2011 - 17:42

Not at all. Actually, I use a cheap mixer on occasion for their preamps to record scratch tracks. The last 4 line inputs of the 1800-1641(same thing) need a preamp to utilize. Cheap mixers work well for this purpose.

You will get much better results by upgrading to an actual interface, than you will trying to use a mixer that has been adapted for computer hookup.

Your purchase is however not a complete loss. :)