Skip to main content

Trying to decide on the 7600 strip or the lunchbox. All feedback appreciated.

Comments

Fruition2k Tue, 08/24/2004 - 08:04

I've wondered this as well having tracked through a lunchbox w/512's on a couple of projects. When the Record Plant remote truck was here I asked Kooster the same question. His truck has more API gear than you can imagine....his response was there wasnt much difference between them at all (212-312-512).
Let me remind you that his crew is tops, meaning the gear is all in
top condition. Paul Pestopino (Presto) the chief maintenance guru from the Record Plant NYC heydays has put quite a few man hours into its functionality.
Here's link to for the curious.

http://www.recordplantremote.com/equipment/index.php

FWIW I'm considering reworking a dozen or so 325 line cards to build a custom line mixer, but its still not a cheap venture when you figure racking, PSU, having some as mic/line - needing input transformers, summing bus, meters, etc.....

You cant go wrong with API gear, parts are available, great reputation, and holds its value.

jonyoung Tue, 08/24/2004 - 09:15

Thanks for that, F2k. My main use for any API piece I buy is going to be for vox or acoustic instruments, perhaps bass DI. I borrowed a 7600 channel strip a couple of weeks ago for some vox, but I don't think I really need the busing features for my setup, more rack plug n' play single track applications. I may go the lunchbox route, I'll get more. Still, as I do the math, the 7600 will come in a few hundred less than a lunchbox with pre, EQ and comp.

x

User login