Skip to main content

Is there a descent vocal Mic which sounds relatively uncoloured for under $1000. Something that will suit both Male and female vocals. I have been looking at the CAD M19 and the RODE NTK but I am still not sold on either of them.

Comments

jdier Wed, 04/30/2003 - 12:18

Divo, I am fairly new to home recording, but I purchased the Studio Projects C3 for $300 instead of the NTK (because my budget was getting tight) and I have been very happy with it. I do not really have a good point of reference besides the Shure 57's and 58's and Beta 58s we had been using, but this one made (to my novice ears) our home studio sound 'like a real studio' for the first time.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Davedog Thu, 05/01/2003 - 14:20

Matts....have you ever heard an ADK Area51 LDC mic? Or are your comments about this mic just 'hearsay'? I own two of em and they are every bit as good as ANY of the Chinese invasion mics listed here.I own Studio Projects mics and have a LOT of experience recording with Neumann 87i,U47,Large D. AKG's and the like.If you have not personally tried one I highly recommend them....go to their website and read about their philosophy on mic sound...it may surprise you..
http://www.adkmic.com peace

KurtFoster Thu, 05/01/2003 - 15:07

Davedogg! You old hound, "Clem-meister"! I just sent ADK an e mail requesting their consideration for some mics to review! I noticed they are in Washington State. Do you know if they build them here too? I will let you know what they have to say as soon as I hear back from them..

So.. it's an hour later from when I first put this post up. I have already received an affirmative from the folks at ADK! So I will be requesting 1 of everything... :D (oink-oink!) We will see what I get! Kurt