Skip to main content

hi there,

after re-installing (and upgrading) everything on my mac (leopard) i'm facing some issues, and couldn't solve them so far...
i'm using pt 7.4 cs2 with a 002 rack. and with that i have no problems... :)
then i also have logic pro 8.0.2, which also offers no problems, until i want to hear from it... (obviously inputs are also limited)
i selected digi 002 as hardware in/out in logic preferences, and nothing worked (no sound would come out of the monitors). then i changed the in/output on system preferences, and nothing... and strangely, when i change for 002 in system pref, if i go out and return the internal in/out are selected again!
can anyone give me a help on this?

thanks §

Comments

zzzounds Sun, 12/28/2008 - 14:09

natural wrote: Usually PT hardware only works with PT.
Research COREAUDIO DRIVERS at the digidesign site. This usually allows another program to use the Digi hardware. But you usually need to quit PT to make this happen.

well, digidesign hardware should work with any audio software (or as sound output from the computer), if acting only as sound card (even if there's sometimes the issue you mentioned, the need to quit pro tools for it to work). i use ableton live often with my 002, and no problems with it. the thing is i simply cannot send/receive signal from logic, and don't know what else to do. the drivers should be ok, as i just upgraded cs2 for pro tools 7.4.
any other idea of what to do? i'm using the alt src in/output in 002 to monitor the sound, but quality isn't definitely the same (and i can't have any inputs that way).

thanks §

x

User login