Skip to main content

They will be releasing the next public beta tomorrow, they have already prepared the FTP site for it's arrival, and taken down http://www.nuendo.com to prepare. Get ready... hopfully the majority of our bugs will be squashed, and OMF export will be working 100% correctly!

steven john

PS: Zlatko - congradulations on your new appointment as moderator. I think you will do a fine job... but I don't think you need to reply to every post at steinberg's forums asking the readers to come here for answers. In time we will all gravitate here as well because of of the community that is built, if you do a great job. But it will take time. Good luck! :D

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Fri, 04/06/2001 - 15:42

The Nuendo site goes down more often than a third-world airline.

Technically, there is no version 1.52 yet or even a 1.51, the new version is the second public beta for 1.51 (pr2). Available here: ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/download/pc/Nuendo/

I still use 1.02 for work, but have a system with 1.5 on it at home. The 1.51 pr2 seems to have fixed the big problems with pr1 like project file corruption, and system hangs.

It also solves a problem Nuendo always had, fader level imprecision. Type 1.5 db in the fader window and you actually get - drum roll please - 1.5db! Not 1.3 or 1.6, but 1.5!

I don't have enough spare time now to really push it, but so far so good. Remember though, it's a beta version - don't expect it work 100%. Give it a good workout before you put it in a production environment.

anonymous Sat, 04/07/2001 - 07:49

ahhh, lots of familiar faces!
so far, so good here too...i haven't really hammered it, but i will be doing so over the next few days with a mix i'm working on.
from what i can tell so far, it does look like they've fixed what they advertised.
it seems to be working really well, actually.
anyone try omf or 9-pin yet?

kell

Aaron-Carey Sat, 04/07/2001 - 11:02

does the automation work yet, I mean, if you set your hardware faders a certain way, then record your mix, when you play it back is it still that way? or is it still like 1.51 r1 where the faders are all at zero unless you moved one of them during playback?

and how about a zero line for reference in the envelopes? how are you ever supposed to get back to your reference point?

Opus2000 Sat, 04/07/2001 - 15:29

I have been running the 1.5.1 version for a while and it seems really solid except for the "rewire issue with Reason on teh notes dropping out..but the 1.5.1PB2 fixed that..also fixed the automation..fader caliber level and the video issues I was having with trying to open up the video player after importing the video into a session...a lot of what people are having problems with I cant reproduce..and I try too!!
I'd like to hear if people are using the 9 pin adapter that goes with the Nuendo system..and how well that works or not. I think Nuendo is one of the hottest platforms out there and use it religously every day with no crashes...I even use the Audio-Midi project template with NO issues..that's another question..why do they say NOT to use that template when it works just fine?

Opus

Opus2000 Sat, 04/07/2001 - 20:15

whtrabit
That is an issue with 1.5
when they released 1.5.1 that fixed the looping and tempo problem..what needed to be fixed was the Rewire2 spec coding to enable a stronger lock between the two programs..they just released the 1.5.1PB2 which fixes the note drop out/sync with Reason and Nuendo...Hope that helps

Opus

anonymous Sun, 04/08/2001 - 06:24

Opus2000 as I said in my post this has happened in all 1.5x vesrions which means 1.5,1.5.1PR1 and 1.5.1PR2. I was using PR1 up until the release of PR2 and I have had NO other problems with reason ans Nuendo. The Rewire 2 works solid. The only thing I had to do was to uncheck the "release ASIO driver" in Nuendo so that it would not let go and then make sure that Reason did let go of the ASIO driver.

But my problem has been (small) that when I open up Reason (after Nuendo) Reason will reset my tempo and L/R markers to Reasons' default settings.

Thanks

Opus2000 Sun, 04/08/2001 - 07:50

Ahhh...my bad..misunderstood your issues...yes..when Rewire opens up with Reason it controls Nuendo..adjusting either program will cause the other to react..it's all part of Rewire..IMHO I dont think it's a bug so to speak but a minor issue at best..just adjust the tempo to your needs after starting both programs and it should be fine from there..especially when you open a previous file that has been saved at the tempo and loop points set..it brings it right back to where it is supposed to be..Anytime I open a new Reason/Nuendo song I adjust the tempo and loop points to suit my needs..let me know if you are having other issues and I'll try and duplicate them on my system..until then

Opus