Skip to main content

I'm having some problems with my bcr2000 connected to PreSonus studio one and was hoping to get some answers. I tried posting on the PreSonus forum but they doesn't seem to exited to answer. I also tried with the bc2000 yahoo group, but no luck there...

This feels like a hardware question, so if any op likes to redirect this topic to a more suiteble place it's ok. I cuoldn't find anywhere to fit this...

Here's the deal: I hooked up the bcr and started working with making a new control panel and got down 104 buttons and knobs witch was nice. I started learning different vst parameters to different/same knobs witch also progressed nicely.
The problem I have is that when switching between vst:s the bcr seems to get stuck on the last parameter. I know it's possible to get it to automaticly know when switching between different functions and set itself correctly.

Example: I put an eq on a channel and set it like I want it to be. When I select another channel and put on an eq the bcr is stuck on the last paramaters so when touching a know the vst setting flies to last position used.
How do I cange the bcr to auto know what the parameter is between functions?

Also another thing, if I use cubase, I have the bcr set so that I have one knob to set volume for the selected channel and when I select another channel the same knob sets volume for that selected channel. I can't get this function to work with studio one since it seems to bind one knob to the selected channel only. That is, when I bind channel 1 to knob 33, I can't get that knob to control any other channels volume. Anyone know if this is a possible feature in studio one?

Any answers on this is much appreciated!
Greetings from Finland :)

Topic Tags

Comments

Nutti Mon, 04/08/2013 - 09:18

I drive it with the usb cable and have set s1 to send/recive with the bcr

I came to think about one thing I did, I loaded the bcr with factory preset settings, but s1 recommended that when using the bcr. Maybe thats why its not communicating properly? When researching for some useful info on the bcr it gets very compicated since thera are som many patameters to set in the bcr itself and no real solid info on what they really mean. The manual on this thing is total bs to me and I cant get anything useful out of it...

Nutti Mon, 04/08/2013 - 12:51

Yes, I installed everything fresh on my new machine this weekend so all the drivers are the latest ones.

I think I got it though, it seems that s1 has a feature called "transmit value" that enables full midi feedback for the bcr! :) One more hour of work and I can get to my studio and try it out, I'll let you guys know how it goes if it settles it or not.

BobRogers Tue, 04/09/2013 - 09:04

Nutti, post: 403341 wrote: ...Thanks for all thoughts, this is the only forum that anybody even posted a reply...thats sure sa[y]s something about the presonus forum :/

Yeah, it's a pretty low traffic forum except for times when there are new updates or rollouts. It's sort if a cycle. You need a critical mass of interesting comments before enough people hang out to make interesting comments. You should definitely update your post over there with the discovered solution.

Nutti Wed, 04/10/2013 - 03:37

I got so happy the other night when I got everything working after 3 weeks of pain in the a$$ so I had to make a video with my phone :) 3 weeks ago I bought an old gaming computer, took the components and put them into a new soundproof box from fractal design, made some hardware swaps and installed windows a couple of times. I'm happy that I had the nervs to not give up although it was close a few times, it's all worth the effort now that I got everything working exactly as I want it! I'm still gonna do a ram upgrade at some point and I havn't had the time to tweek windows yet but I'm still so amazed by the speed of this thing compared to my old amd 2800+ with 2 gb ram that it's all about testing now :)

here's the vid if someone's interested
(Dead Link Removed)