Skip to main content

In the thread "Pro Tools & reasons I hate Digidesign," Kurt mentioned that there is a way to record up to 18 tracks using Digidesign LE 002. Is this possible? There are only 8 in's, how can you get up to 18? Or am I mistaken?

Topic Tags

Comments

Kev Thu, 03/24/2005 - 15:30

Can be a problenm to get the spdf in word clock sync with the internal and the Lightpipe.

Many spdf pres only have an apdf output so you have to slave PT to that and then slave the Lightpipe to PT. it all takes time and clock can be flakey.

If you don't need all 18 then a Lightpipe unit like the Ai3 and the ADA8000 are cheap ways to get 16 happening reliably.

Might be cool to then add an spdf dual mic-pre with wordclock and the ADA8000 can wordclock to the dual mic-pre ... may offer better clock stabilisation.

Thuis stuff requires experimenting before you lay dowen you money.

As the years roll on the units are getting better .... oh why didn't the 002 get a wordclock !!!
:(

anonymous Thu, 03/24/2005 - 18:47

adat to digi 001 problems

hi people,
I have tried the lihgt pipe in w/ adat and only get static back out the adat. do you know what settings i need to change in eather os9.1 or pro tools or adat!
I have a more pressing isue though, it is very simular to post; need protools troubleshoting help: odd errors. i will boot up later too see what errors i get. then i'll post them
If you know any other ideas please post or e-mail me dj.spaz573@gmail.com.

thanks
D.J.

Kev Fri, 03/25/2005 - 23:34

PT ... err
Pro Tools ... the software that uses the Digidesign hardware.

sorry

ADAT lightpipe ... 24 bit ... mmm not the way Wavefront tell the story ... 20 bit only I think.

Nevermind

With the addition of this sort of box the 002 will now have 16 analog inputs and outputs.

They should appear in the PT software as 8 analog and 8 ADAT-Lightpipe
that is untill you re-name them to whatever you want