Skip to main content

Any opinions? I'm looking to use them as overheads and for acoustic guitar

thanks

Topic Tags

Comments

RemyRAD Tue, 07/10/2007 - 15:53

GREAT! GREAT! Love them for overheads but you may need to purchase the additional -10 DB capsule pads if it's not a recent 451 when used for overheads? The old ones had no switches on them. The new ones do. A beautiful microphone. Beautiful bright and crisp on acoustic guitar. Great on Hi-Hat and underneath the snare drum (with the additional pad). Beautiful on just about everything! I used to have a pair but one walked away one day.....so now it's just my Hi-Hat microphone, most of the time.

Austrian awe
Ms. Remy Ann David

elcubo Wed, 08/01/2007 - 14:18

recently i bought i pair...ive been doin OH before with 4033s and 414xls...my room isnt perfect...so i have to deal with it...i cant use U87 for OH cause they are pretty strong...the 4033s were nice, but i feel the cymbals a little anoin, the best were the 414s... good body in the kit and crisp cymbals...the 414s left the studio, so i did i fast desicion and bought the 451s...right choise...got the crispness of 414...a little more transparent, maybe not the whole body, but respond great in a crappy room like mine,,,excelents in acoustics...hi hat...go without fear...

anonymous Thu, 08/16/2007 - 18:21

As everyone before me has mentioned, these mics are great. I have had one for many years now. I have used it on everything from hi hat and ride cymbals to upright bass and guitar. Definately one of the better small diapragm condensers around. A 451 and Beyer M88 are one of my favorite mic combos for recording guitar with aggressive tone.

x

User login