Skip to main content

Hi guys, does someone know if Behringer ub1832 fx is a good choice for a recording studio?, if isn't could you teel me why, couse i'm about to buy it, please any replays will help me.
thanks

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Thu, 06/30/2005 - 16:04

.. behringer sux.. i gave my mixer away for free...

why? .. cuz i didn't need it (end of story...) .. and it was giving me noise... (real end of story...)

but... i do own an ULTRA-G G100 by behringer..

also.. i am looking for a USB or FIREWIRE flying fader board.. just to control cubase... the only one i can find is the behringer B-CONTROL FADER BCF2000

http://www.behringer.com/BCF2000/index.cfm?lang=ENG

if anyone can find me something like this but not behringer.. please let me knoW!!!!!!!!

woohoo.. i hate behringer

blaumph2cool Fri, 07/01/2005 - 18:52

Okay, for real this time... and i do not endorse any of these, just giving you some idea's.

Evolution UC-33e $260
9 faders/24 rotary/14 buttons
USB

Edirol M-100FX $399
10ch digital
USB

JL Cooper CS-32 MiniDesk $399
32/20mm/ 6 rotary
USB

Tascam US-224 $299
5 faders/2 rotary/ 2 x XLR/ 2x TRS
USB

There probably more out there but probably not at the behringer price point. not to say that the behringer is good, because i haven't tried it.

I would try and see if you can try it out before you buy.

-Blaumph

therecordingart Sun, 07/03/2005 - 22:19

I have a Behringer unit, have had a Behringer board, and have recorded many Behringer amps. I'm very familiar with their product! I will say this.....for the money it works. I have an ADA 8000 that I use to put scratch guitar into headphones, talkback mic, and sometimes "less critical" tracks will go through it when I run out of "priority" preamps.

I'm not saying that any of the Behringer stuff I've used was horrid sounding....just not reliable. I've lost my ADA8000 twice and have had Behringer amps quit during sessions. The price was great, but wasn't justifiable due to the stopping of sessions. This was my experience and doesn't necessarily mean that will be everybody's experience.

Behringer is good for something...if you need a headphone amp or extra channels for scratch tracks....etc....you can't beat the price. Myself...I wouldn't want to use their product as a "main" part of my recording chain because it has failed me and left a bad taste in my mouth.

I know a guy that uses a Behringer board for his PA system and has had zero problems lugging it around and beating it up. My ADA8000 sits in my rack and blows up when it wants to.

What does this come down to......probably quality control.

anonymous Thu, 07/07/2005 - 02:44

Wow, you know what, everyone came off as jerks, and the fact that "its that guy again", and "stickers" kept the insults going, was a very jerky thing to do, very immature.

I remembered why I stoped posting on this board, anyone mentions anything that is really budget gear, they either get insulted or told its crap

Or Kurt said to get two Bricks for four channels, which would be close to $700, as opposed to about $150, thats not budget, I have had a small Behringer Board for 5 years, and have had no problems, besides that, I'm enjoying it and having fun, and would not hesitate to tell someone on a tight budget that it is ok to get.

If you want to get GREAT recording, I do not recommend Behringer, but that may not be what he is doing.

Come on everyone, Budget gear for the most part really is throw away gear, and thats just the way it is, I know that, and the $150 I spent on my Behringer was money well spent, and I'm very glad I didn't save up for something more expensive, cause now its all about Firewire intefaces and things like that, so a really nice mixer now is pretty useless to me

in the end, Behringer is useful, but not something for the long term, and a good tool for learning

I hope every here can agree to disagree, and understand that everyone has an opinion, there is no reason for anyone to put down anyone elses opinion

anonymous Fri, 07/08/2005 - 10:26

I think you should talk to coyotteman yourself! Try him out, he's a blast, very easy to talk to Rolling Eyes
Leave it you to call others jerks. Rolling Eyes
Yes I'm immature. And so are you!
Thanks for the great tips on recording!

Thanks for proving my point

this is the kind of ego dribble I would expect on a kids forum, not a forum of so called adults, you were being a jerk, I don't know you, and I don't know Coyote, but you wouldn't let it go

This forum should be about sharing ideas, and understanding the level of the people asking the question

Go back in time, and if you posted a question about your old gear when you were starting, a radioshack mic, and a tascam, and someone replied, you should get this brand because it is better, it does cost $1000 more, but what you have is total crap, and unless you buy this don't even bother. I can tell you I had $1000 to blow at 16, who needs a car :roll:

I had people tell me stuff like that, and you know what, I spent the time to learn about it myself, I would not be having the fun I am today with all of my "Crap" equipment if I would have listened, I would of ended up with a great board, with little to no purpose, and no other equipment, I'd still be paying off the "great board"

not cool in my book, I try to support anyone who wants to learn, no matter the income level

blaumph2cool Fri, 07/08/2005 - 13:52

Sure Behringer stuff is useful, if you're practicing in the garage and you have only a few dead presidents to rub together.

Let's remember that this is recording.org not playingInMyMomsGarage.org.
Kurt, Stu, and some other's here know good gear and they're not going to recomend Behringer as good gear Because its Not.

it's okay for beginers starting out, but not something you want in your audio chain if your trying to make any sort of quality recording.

-Blaumph

Guest Fri, 07/08/2005 - 18:51

crispytheone88 wrote: Thanks for proving my point

No thankyou for proving MY point!
I knew my small reply would get you back on here, running your mouth about how GREAT you are, and tell us all again how unperfect we all are. And then you would make the wrongful asumption, that you are some how closer to perfect than others.
FYI---just because others don't view things like you, and don't talk like you, and don't agree with you, and, and, and, and, and,...
Does not mean they are "jerks" or are not allowed to post their thoughts, without prior consent from you.
Seems you have come on here in the recent past running your mouth, and don't think your gonna hear back about it, but when you do, all the sudden "there inmature" or "they ruin the forum".
How about you? What are your faults? What do you think you should not do and not say?
Your not the GRAND forum moderater. How is it, no one else says "all you guys, ruin the forum, with your stupid words"?
Maybe point the finger at yourself, or maybe, just maybe...keep running your mouth about how "you quit posting on RO because freedom of speech pisses you off"
And your wrong again about being a jerk, it's you that is the jerk
And please do reply with some more of your "ego dribble". You big shot you.
But your such a class act, :roll: and a proper adult. Whatever that is? So I know you won't have a problem "letting it go"
Ohhh please "prove my point again" :cry:

anonymous Sun, 07/10/2005 - 00:20

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sure Behringer stuff is useful, if you're practicing in the garage and you have only a few dead presidents to rub together.

Let's remember that this is recording.org not playingInMyMomsGarage.org.
Kurt, Stu, and some other's here know good gear and they're not going to recomend Behringer as good gear Because its Not.

it's okay for beginers starting out, but not something you want in your audio chain if your trying to make any sort of quality recording.

-Blaumph

yeah, but people are going to post here about this type of equipment on the "budget Forums", if they had a question about good gear i doubt it would be here

No thankyou for proving MY point!
I knew my small reply would get you back on here, running your mouth about how GREAT you are, and tell us all again how unperfect we all are. And then you would make the wrongful asumption, that you are some how closer to perfect than others.
FYI---just because others don't view things like you, and don't talk like you, and don't agree with you, and, and, and, and, and,...
Does not mean they are "jerks" or are not allowed to post their thoughts, without prior consent from you.
Seems you have come on here in the recent past running your mouth, and don't think your gonna hear back about it, but when you do, all the sudden "there inmature" or "they ruin the forum".
How about you? What are your faults? What do you think you should not do and not say?
Your not the GRAND forum moderater. How is it, no one else says "all you guys, ruin the forum, with your stupid words"?
Maybe point the finger at yourself, or maybe, just maybe...keep running your mouth about how "you quit posting on RO because freedom of speech pisses you off"
And your wrong again about being a jerk, it's you that is the jerk
And please do reply with some more of your "ego dribble". You big shot you.
But your such a class act, and a proper adult. Whatever that is? So I know you won't have a problem "letting it go"
Ohhh please "prove my point again"

WOW, I really think you misunderstood, me, seriously

My feeling is that if a young person, starting out, asks about a cheap piece of equimpment, I'm not saying reccomend it, but never tell anyone to "not bother", which is something I have heard from this site

As for me saying how great I am, that certainly was not the intended message AT ALL, I play drums, have for some years now, but am far from a pro at recording, I just feel people should be supported, no matter the money level, not put down and feel degraded becuase they simply cannot afford the stuff thats reccommended.

The jerk portion comes from your military remarks,

I don't really think you are impressing anyone that you have had your head played with by the military Coyote.
But it does explain why you have issues. And there is NO way in HELL, I would ever go join the military, 1st because I would never want to have too much in common with a lunitic like you.
2ndly.... ohh forget it.

which were, in my opinion, very mean spirited, they were more personal attacks and had little, or nothing to do with the topic at all, kind of like you assuming, and somehow getting out of my message that I was better than anyone, uh I didn't say that at all, I said you were being a jerk, directly, that is all, then went on to explain how this board should be about sharing idea's, and never mentioned anything about myself, did you even finish my first post at all

I hope every here can agree to disagree, and understand that everyone has an opinion, there is no reason for anyone to put down anyone elses opinion

The budget forums should be about cheap gear, one of you guys will be responsible for some kid giving up, because of the way you treat people.

Remeber This should be a learning site, if they can't afford the gear, support them another way, with techniques and diffrent tricks they can use to overcome the crap gear they are using, this site should be about helping, not hurting

Chris

Guest Sun, 07/10/2005 - 08:15

crispytheone88 wrote: in my opinion, very mean spirited, they were more personal attacks and had little, or nothing to do with the topic at all

O.K. Chris, I can dig it.
I do understand you a little better now. And with that being said, I feel I must clear up any misconceptions you might have about me.
I was responding to what seemed to be alot of ripping on Kurt. And by (what seemed to me like) a newbee. So my reply was..."Why don't you take it easy on Kurt".
Thats about all I said. AND the reason I was even being cool with Coyotteman was because, I "did not" know him (or even seen his name on here before)
I felt like he was trying to trick me with his inoccent "did I do something to offend"? post
Then after he ran his mouth more, and more, and even more about Kurt. Then I said "I tried, I sending him back to you Stickers"
The only thing that I did do that was supposted to be a joke was compare him to Pile on the movie Full Metal Jacket. I figured that would at least get a laugh or two, and then we could move on (with some amusing new nick names of course)
Then here he comes again! Talking about he's also military and "the real thing". So I made my remarks based on what I know about the things that the government does to people who join the likes of the military.

IMHO they play with your mind and change what you value.
They really change people in the military, that's no joke! And it's NOT always for the better.

So I never meant to hurt anyones feelings with my remarks.
And I understand your point about "budget gear" forums and the fact that some younger guys come on here to learn and have a real "buget" to work with. I understand that way to well
BUT also in my defense...I believe Coyotteman is like 40 something. Is this true or not? Matter of fact, how old are you Coyotteman?
Well, hope that clears things up some 8)

anonymous Sun, 07/10/2005 - 11:16

Yup, i understand now, thanks

My dad was in the military, and it really can be a whole lot of not fun, like right now, kids are dying, for them over there it can be very tough.

anyway, lets lighten things up, I really do agree, I think the brick is a much better purchase, actually its a much better purchase than any board, because the direction music is going, I currently have Sonar 3 producer Edition, and am going to Get Sonar 4 producer edition, I need to get at least one brick, and a decent fire-wire interface.

After the interface, there will be little to no use for my board

BTW I'm 29, and finally getting some great gear, well for me anyway, I am so happy with my SP C-1, SOOOOOO much better than my Nady(yes you may laugh)

KurtFoster Sun, 07/10/2005 - 13:57

It was mentioned that here at RO, many young people just starting out and asking about a cheap equipment, have been told to "not bother".

I plead guilty to this ... I am the one who says those things, although not in that context. Therein lies the problem. I will often say something in a whole paragraph that someone reads and then quotes one line. Sometimes I wonder if I should even bother to make posts because it seems to me people only want to look for that one little line in a whole post that they can twist into something I never said. I do sometimes wonder why I seem to be the lightning rod. The only answer I can come up with is there are forces who don't want some things said. One of those things is that most "inexpensive" gear (when compared to other pieces of similar build quality) does not sound significantly better that any other like piece. The all sound "real ok". BTW, "real ok" in my book is not that bad .... Technology has come a long way in the past 20 years and a lot of "rack crap" can in many respects, perform better than many older designs. That is what I meant when I said .....

When I hear people tout a board or mic pre by saying things like ...

Coyote Trax wrote: "If you take the time to learn how to properly use gain staging on those boards and you're matching impedences correctly in your signal path you will have absolutely no problem with noise and it's a very useable tool ..... The pre's are decent if you're looking for something that doesn't color the sound in any way and is relatively transparent. "

.... I just have to smile. There is not one modern pre amp or mixer on the market that this cannot be said about. It's kind of like saying, "Date my sister, she has a pulse". It doesn't guarantee that she doesn't smell bad or have a face that looks like a mud fence.

(BTW, that was the remark I made that got CoyoteTrax's undies in a bunch. I still don't think it is offensive.)

Most modern gear specs out acceptably. However, experienced engineers and recordists know noise levels and frequency response are not the whole story. There are intangible attributes that cannot be quantified as a specification. Things like build quality, serviceability, ergonomics, ease of use, "dimension", "warmth", how multiple tracks stack in a mix, how easy things are to mix at the end of the project and more. Add to the mix that there are many ways to "spec out" a design, the fact is you cannot make a call on a piece simply by reading the spec sheet. I have heard a lot of stuff that "spec'ed out" great but sounded like hell! A Mackie mic pre is a perfect example. It sounds fine in small doses, a few mics on an acoustic ensemble ... but just try to record 24 tracks of a pop production with it. You will end up with a harsh edgy thin mix that has no headroom or depth.

I do not discourage young people from recording. In fact I would venture a guess that I probably do and contribute more to newbies education than almost any other active member on this BB. Hey, I actually answer thier posts, often after they have been ignored for days ... only to be attacked by someone who didn't have anything to offer in the first place, for my answer.

I have lent young people gear for extended periods of time. I often give them insanely great deals for recording time at my place and I devote a lot of time and energy to mentoring. I have trained a ton of interns for both The Conservatory of Recording and California Recording Institute and was an instructor for one of those "Learn to record at a studio in your home town" programs for over three years.

I do try to discourage people from wasting money on stuff that will fail or won't sound very good. It has always been very important to me that the info people get off of RO was accurate and not just a rehash of marketing buzz or the impressions of someone who really doesn't have a clue what they are talking about. I honestly feel it's better to save up and purchase one quality piece that will last forever than to buy several things that will be broken or outgrown in a short time. The fact that these pieces can be re-sold is not a redeeming factor in my mind. Instead I see it as pawning off a now unwanted item, on an unwitting buyer. Very distasteful IMO. I have a very hard time selling stuff I think is crappy to other people, no matter how bad they want it. I have even been known to say things like, "You know this stuff is rack crap, don't you?", to a perspective buyer. Even if you do sell it, you never get all your money back ... 50% is the best you can hope for and in my case I will often let things go very cheap because I don't think it's worth much or just to get it out of here. Where's the economy in this approach?

So, I don't care if this is "the budget forum" or not ..... like I said, budget doesn't have to mean "worthless crap". I truly believe the crux of the matter (and why I come under fire so often) is that manufactures, dealers and distributors make far more money marketing lots of cheap gear than the few boutique lines could ever generate. It's big business and guys like me mess things up for them. Just do a serch on the Behringer UB 1832 FX and see what pops up ..... ummmm, this thread! (gee, who wudda thunk?) There's a lot that goes on in the business, behind the scenes and in regards to advertising, that comes into play, even here at RO. My kicking ass on rack crap manufacturers is the sole reason I no longer have administrator privileges here at RO. I'm not complaining mind you, that's fine with me ... it took a lot of time everyday for me to to weed through all the posts for spam, bad language and inappropriate posts. Now I don't need to feel like I'm slacking if I don't log on 3 times a day! I can use the time for better things, like searching out a writing gig that actually pays.

So when I say, "Don't bother", I am not saying, "Don't try to learn to record" ... perhaps I should instead say, "Let's not waste our time discussing which is better, a Behringer mic pre or a Mackie mic pre." They are more attributes in common than different when you are talking about this level of equipment, designed to a price point and therefore compromised at inception. These manufacturers cater to a pretend / fantasy world where young or ignorant people see a bunch of blinking lights and bouncing meters and imagine they are a "producer" or a "rock star". Unfortunately there are a lot of fully grown educated adults who should know better, that succumb to this marketing as well. I think it's because we live in an era of greed, where people look for the most features at the lowest price. Greed plain and simple ... something for nothing or as I have put it before, "FREE LUNCH".

People here and on other BBs get really pissed when someone rains on their parade by telling them that the compressor or mic pre they just bought (and want to brag about) is a POS. Hey it's just a piece of gear. It doesn't define you as a person. Others get upset when they don’t hear an answer they like. Sorry, sometimes the answer is no. If you don’t want the answer, don’t ask the question.

Should we all not say it's a POS out of some middleclass, sense of politness? This is what the manufacturers, distributors and dealers all say they want. Of course they do! No one wants criticism. How does that serve the community? Or should we have open and honest exchanges of information and opinion, where people debate the points good and bad and then allow the readers to make their own decisions? I think the latter, as long as all opinions and POVs are allowed. But to me it seems some people do not want any contrary comments ... only positve ones that sell product. Why would anyone want that, unless of course they had something to gain from it? This is where I think the personal attacks on my credibility from Coyote Traxs and others are coming from.

The one thing that never escapes me is that most people who get the chance to expose themselves to real recording equipment for any length of time, usually do not take issue with my remarks. It's the manufacturers, dealers and distributors of crap gear, newbies, pretenders and those who couldn't hear a stick of dynamite go off if it were stuck up their butts that want to keep me from speaking my piece.

BTW folks, that's all they are ... my opinions and I am entitled to hold and express them just as much as anyone else here.

MY OPINION: Rack Crap gear is no more a real recording tool that a Playskool lawn mower
is a real gardeners tool.

KurtFoster Sun, 07/10/2005 - 17:26

CoyoteTrax wrote: [quote=Kurt Foster]

MY OPINION: Rack Crap gear is no more a real recording tool that a Playskool lawn mower
is a real gardeners tool.

I thought I smelled something when I came in here today.

All over the boards, like diarrhea. :D

That's intellegent! I guess when you have nothing else to offer personal iinsults are the only thing left. This is the issue I have with you Coyote Crap ... who ever the f *%k you are, there hiding behind you bullsh*t screen name, no email or other contact info posted. It's easy to hurl insults when you can hide who you really are, you chickensh*t piece of crap.

At least everyone knows who I am, where I am from and what I have done.

CoyoteTrax Sun, 07/10/2005 - 18:14

Good grief Foster, I was just making a joke. Calm down.

I figure it's better to just insult one bad apple than to insult an entire group of people like you're so prone to do. I don't seem to have this problem with anyone else in RO so far. But then it's not really my problem. It seems to be more your problem. I thought it was funny.

Hell...I'm laughing. :lol:

To answer Guy's question, I'll be 41 this month.

KurtFoster Sun, 07/10/2005 - 19:09

Well I don't think it was very funny. The problem is that you have directly insulted me many times ... and there's no doubt about it. Other than in this thread with you in which I have allowed myself to be pulled into the gutter with you to duke it out, any insults I may have made are only perceived as so, by your own interpretation. In other words you have to make the link in your own mind by twisting and distorting the meaning. I challenge you to find one instance where I made a personal insult against anyone, other than this thread. Actually what you perceive as an insult by me is not directed at any individual or group and is not intended by me as an insult and you know that. You just want to twist it around to seem that way so people will not want to take my advice or be interested in my opinion. In my neighborhood, this is called "hanging a jacket on someone".

Your remarks on the other hand are completely different. I never say things like your last post, except as a reply as in this situation ... and you still do nothing to rectify the situation of your anonymity ... you hide behind your mommie's skirt going "nee neer nee neer" at me and others. I ask you directly and pointed questions to which you never directly reply ... things like "who are you?" and "what have you done?", "what do you do for a living?" all to which you remain mute.

So put up or shut up. I'm calling you out on this Coyote Craps ... step up to the plate and tell us who you are and what qualifies you to offer advice to others. Why should anyone pay any attention to what you say? Have you ever made a real record ( you know, one that can be bought in record stores around the world)? Have you ever owned a commercial recording facility? What kind of musical background do you have that qualifies you as a recordist or producer? What kind of stuff do you record? Is it real bands with mics, or it it sample and midi wanking off by yourself where the only time you need a mic is to cut a vocal? I would also like to hear some examples of your work. If you don't want to directly answer these questions, don't waste my time any more.

CoyoteTrax Sun, 07/10/2005 - 20:13

Oh get a grip you "panty waist". I do have a web presence and there are some people here who know who I am, but not by this "handle". There are other boards where people know everything about me and it should have ended up being that way here if you hadn't acted like such a freak on like my 3rd day on these boards.

And discussions I involve myself in at RO qualify themselves. I don't need to qualify anything else in order to participate here. I have plenty of music posted on the web and don't worry in the least what you (mr foster) would care to think of the records I've made and the material I post on the web now or on CD in the near future.

Go call yourself out and wank your own ego because I just don't give a sh*t. You don't get that do you?

anonymous Sun, 07/10/2005 - 22:53

"Let's not waste our time discussing which is better, a Behringer mic pre or a Mackie mic pre."

Kurt,

OK I read you whole post through and I agree with you. Its WAY better to spend money on gear that will be there for the long haul, but people are going to come to this forum(Budget Gear) and ask about these cheap things.

I own a Behringer Board, and while I know its not great, it really has served me well, and been a great tool to teach me and open the door to learning about recording, That being said, it is going to be replced real soon, it not very good for recording, but I feel I got my money out of it, I've had it for about 5 years

These cheap items are alright, but agian, I understand where you are coming from, when a kid shows me his great new Fender Squire, I cringe and look down the neck to see if they actually got it straight this time, its usually a no.

I then tell them to practice(as long as it will stay in tune), and to save up, and buy something better, that is not made in china

I'm sure all equipment is like that, cheap stuff is cheap, and when you outgrow it, its total crap, When I was 16 a squire wold have rocked, now it burns my eyes to look at it

I really want you to still post here kurt, you have alot of great info to share.

Thanks
Chris

PS Coyote, why did you come back?, it was so over

CoyoteTrax Mon, 07/11/2005 - 05:24

It was over Crispy but Foster couldn't help making a reference to me (by quoting me) and adding a sleight to it, like you see below. I'm referring to the "unies in a bunch" part. That was disrespectful and completely unnecessary. I would prefer he and I just ignore each other and leave it at that.

Kurt Foster wrote:

When I hear people tout a board or mic pre by saying things like ...

[quote=Coyote Trax]"If you take the time to learn how to properly use gain staging on those boards and you're matching impedences correctly in your signal path you will have absolutely no problem with noise and it's a very useable tool ..... The pre's are decent if you're looking for something that doesn't color the sound in any way and is relatively transparent. "

.... I just have to smile. There is not one modern pre amp or mixer on the market that this cannot be said about. It's kind of like saying, "Date my sister, she has a pulse". It doesn't guarantee that she doesn't smell bad or have a face that looks like a mud fence.

(BTW, that was the remark I made that got CoyoteTrax's undies in a bunch. I still don't think it is offensive.)

anonymous Mon, 07/11/2005 - 14:45

pepon wrote: Hi guys, does someone know if Behringer ub1832 fx is a good choice for a recording studio??, if isn't could you teel me why, couse i'm about to buy it , please any replays will help me.
thanks

I had a smaller version of this mixer...8 months..turned it on one day and poof! a small puff of white smoke and buhbye!! Which is ok cuz it sounded like ass anyhoo....caveat emptor... So why do you need a mixer anyway? monitor chain?
Don't spend 300 bucks on poo...if anything get a smaller less expensive one to play with so you won't be out a lotta $$.
From the hobby/learning/let's have funny making some music standpoint wtf....anything else is peeing in the wind..and ya might burn down your house in the process..(don't give me any crap..I almost DID!)
If you are in the position to save just a little more $ then do it and buy something you'll want to keep forever...you won't regret your decision.
Man I love this forum.....I mean it!! :D
Peace-Rob

Guest Mon, 07/11/2005 - 16:11

Zoltar8814 wrote: If you are in the position to save just a little more $ then do it and buy something you'll want to keep forever...you won't regret your decision

Exactally! And that's what wrong with Behringer. It's not really budget gear, more like all I am willing to afford gear. We should start a "Low Budget" gear forum on RO.
Dedicated to those who start to cry :cry: when anyone tells the truth about Behringer.
Cheap parts= Cheap sound
...and toys are NOT tools

Guest Tue, 07/12/2005 - 15:50

That is NOT the reason for that remark. That was a joke from another Behringer thread we had on here a couple of weeks back.
And I didn't say it. Someone else did. And my joke was that the slaves were working in semi-conductor plants.
Get it? A slave in a highly technical job wearing a protective white suit and having a better understanding of math than most American's that have finished high school. Speaks 3 lang.And on top of that, most likely has some sort of health care.
It's just a joke crispy.
In the future, please don't take me soooo darn seriously :)

anonymous Wed, 07/13/2005 - 22:41

Funny how the B-word always seems to trigger these kind of discussions..

When I was about 15 or so (16 years ago, you do the math..) I had very little money to spend and the friendly people in my local store recommended to buy a Behringer mixer. I bought one and was happy with it. (It's still working except for channel one) Later I added a Behringer composer (compressor) and I liked it. I bought one their enhancers (Ultrafex) and was thrilled about the 'widening of the stereo image' and all that. I bought another composer (one of the newer 'pro' series and thought it wasn't as good as the older one) and I bought some more.. Until I had a nice rack full of leds. er, gear.

But..

I did some tracking in my band's rehearsal room and since it was only to help learn the songs I didn't bring my rack full of flashy Behringer stuff that I was so proud of and I was amazed that my recordings actually sounded.. well.. better?

Over the years most of my Behringer stuff got replaced. (I only use their headphone amp now) I still have the composers, ultrafex, ultramatch and 2 mixers. I never bothered to try and sell them as they hardly have any resale value anyway. (and I'm lazy)

What I'm saying is: If you do go the B-way (or any other really cheapo brand, I guess) you better expect to buy twice. I don't regret doing that as the stuff did what I wanted when I bought it, and I had good fun with it.

Just keep your expectations in check. This is the kind of stuff that you will outgrow pretty soon. Do not expect much when it comes to resale value, and please note that QC is not something that Ulli B stands for. You don't mind? Go ahead and PM me for a great deal on some vintage Behringer stuff (mint! mint! mint!) :twisted:

Just my point of view. You get what you pay for and you better know it.

All the best,

G