Skip to main content

Last weekend, I had the privelege of recording Drums (a well-maintained 1967 Ludwig 4-piece with brand new Evans heads) in a large renovated barn, with AKG C414 EB's as overheads; All while my Fiance' was out tasting wedding cakes with my mother. What a nice weekend it was.

Anywho, The C414EB's were the silver model, a matched set, in mint condition.

Does anyone have any idea how much they are worth?

I told the the guy who owned the mics that the pair was probably worth about $1500, which was a value I pulled out of my nose.

Ironically, He purchased them a few years ago from the estate of the guy who recorded the Philadelphia Orchestra for WFLN... $50 each.

Topic Tags

Comments

Guest Wed, 02/13/2002 - 15:57

I picked up an old one for $550 locally. The other day I threw it over a rack tom and got the best sounding tom of my life - only problem was I didn't have a couple more for the other toms - and the sound was so much better that the drummer instinctively played on that tom almost the whole session!

Guest Sat, 02/16/2002 - 08:42

Originally posted by Ang1970:

Originally posted by littledog:
...the drummer instinctively played on that tom almost the whole session!

Could I get that guy's number?Excellent kick-ass drummer from Boston with great kit, who does a lot of session work in NYC as well. If you're serious, PM me and I'll give you name and number.

x

User login