Skip to main content

I have a cheap midi keyboard CME U-KEY powered by USB from my new mac Pro, and connected to the 003 from its midi out to the rack's midi in port. there are noises coming from the mac's internal speaker, so the usb connection is working OK, but within pro tools, whilst it mostly recognises there is a midi signal coming in, i cannot get any sound out of pro tools, and cannot load any 'patches'. i can record (it shows the notes recorded!) but cannot play it back at all, or monitor it, i swear i have done everything in the getting started guide! Please help! Do i need a midi cable at all, ie could i just use the USB? Note that recording guitar via a microphone and playback is absolutely fine, so no core system problems.

I have re-plugged in all the leads; tried all combinations of ins / outs in the mix window; tried both midi and instrument tracks to record and playback; reconfigured the midi 'studio' settings on the mac to all different combinations (note that my midi keyboard is seen as an interface as well as a new instrument by the mac). I am completely stuck! any help would be greatly appreciated.

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Thu, 04/12/2007 - 14:22

combinator in Reason Adapted. got that to work by recording midi and outputting via an aux track, a tip on the digi website. my manual definately doesnt say anything about needing to do this? i dont get how i can use the 'patches', as i keep getting the error eluded to in this article on the digi website http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?navid=54&langid=1&itemid=23854 and on other occassions i just dont get any message at all, and nothing loads, its odd. will i always need two tracks to record and monitor midi? i cannot get the instrument track to work with midi, and thats what my manual says! all very confusing.