Skip to main content

Hey guys,

Thanks for reading . . .

I'm trying to connect the Mackie to the Yamaha but am not 100% sure what the best way to do that is.

Let's say I've got 6 drum channels on the 1202, I want to take a stereo output of all 6 channels and into a single channel on the 124 allowing me to use the 124 for everything else (vocals, guitar, bass, keys etc). I know that its never a good idea to use to Main Outs of a mixer for this purpose but in this case the 1202, has a MAIN OUTPUT LEVEL switch, which when engaged, pads the output by 30dB. Once engaged, will the signal now be at an appropriate/acceptable level that allows me to input on a single channel on the Yamaha?

Or would it be better to take an output from the 124 and into the 1202?

All suggestions and advice is greatly appreciated!

Comments

Boswell Mon, 12/05/2011 - 03:43

Take the L and R line outputs of the 1202 via separate TRS jack leads into the L and R jacks of either channels 5/6 or 7/8 on the MG124CX, but don't use the pad on the 1202 output. Set the input gain trim control on the MG124CX channel to get the correct level for the drum tracks going into the fader section.

Doing it that way round leaves you the 4 main mono inputs of the MG124CX for mic channels, plus other stereo channels that you could use for keyboard inputs.

You could do it all the other way round...

Brand New Sound Guy Mon, 12/05/2011 - 07:43

Boswell, post: 380080 wrote: Take the L and R line outputs of the 1202 via separate TRS jack leads into the L and R jacks of either channels 5/6 or 7/8 on the MG124CX, but don't use the pad on the 1202 output. Set the input gain trim control on the MG124CX channel to get the correct level for the drum tracks going into the fader section.

Doing it that way round leaves you the 4 main mono inputs of the MG124CX for mic channels, plus other stereo channels that you could use for keyboard inputs.

You could do it all the other way round...

Boswell, my go to guy!

On the 1202, could the TS/TRS Main Outs be used as Line Outs?

Boswell Mon, 12/05/2011 - 08:37

On the 1202VLZ, the "Bal Out", "Line Out" and "Tape Out" are all the same signal but with different drivers. If you can, use the Bal Out XLRs, as they are balanced, but the unbalanced Line Out jacks would be perfectly OK for short lengths between the mixers using TS or TRS jack leads.

The alternative would be to mix your 1202 channels into the ALT stereo bus and then take short TS leads from the Alt Out jacks.