Skip to main content

I need help buying monitors for tracking/mixing, I want ones where I don't need an external amplifier and i don't have very much money. I want them to be decently accurate, and they don't have to be EXTREMELY loud, as I don't like to listen super loud when i'm recording and mixing. Thanks!

PS. Please no "you can't get anything good in that price range, save up longer" answers. I'm not trying to build a professional studio, i just want to record my crappy punk band, and get okay results.

Topic Tags

Comments

Krou Sun, 09/12/2004 - 17:25

Alesis M1mk2 Active.

They sell for $400/pair - new. I'm selling mine for $300 if you're interested. They're in mint condition, look great and sound even better. Surely, there's much better out there, but you said it yourself, you're not looking for greatness in that price range (and you won't find it either), so these would be a good choice. You can also look around for some used KRK, Event, M-Audio, all of these would do a decent job for tracking/recording. As for mixing, this will depend on your ears and how you learn the monitors, which applies to the cheapest or most expensive ones. Good luck.