Skip to main content

from experience help me out people. lol. I am into rock music and want to get high quality recording. Digi 002 with Pro Tools or Mackie universal/onyx w/ sonar. I will be using highly equipped new PC for strictly recording. and what kind of preamps (with a nice price) can you ad to the digi 002 since it only has 4 and I may need from 6-8 when recording drums. Thanks alot

Comments

lorenzo gerace Wed, 03/16/2005 - 02:06

The short answer would be: you get what you pay for, high end preamp to get a pro sound don't come at a cheap price (all other factors aside, like micing techniques, good mics, experience etc...), the more you can invest on them the better as the preamp is a key part of the recording chain.

On a second not I'd say check out the Focusrite ISA428, four really good preamps with lots of options (good sound included :D ) and the possibility to expand it with the AD card to an eight channel device with high quality converter to go straight into the 002R (via lightpipe). For the price I'd say it's a really good investement for changing the sound of your recordings.

Hope this helps

L.G.

x

User login