Skip to main content

Hey guys and gals,
I'm currently using the Digi001 w/ Digital Performer 3 and Pro Tools (that shipped w/ the 001) on my Mac 633MHZ Computer in OS 9.2. I've only really done audio recording and haven't moved into midi sequencing too much.

I'm just wondering if I might be able to get some advice on a Synth to use for the purpose of recording. Of the ones I've played in stores I like the Yamaha Motif ES8 the most. The 8 is necessary because the weighted keys are a must for my lady who will pay half to use it for keys.
Has anybody used this synth with the 001? Is there a different suggestion on synths that are out?
Is the serquencing better IN DP or Pro Tools or should I look elsewhere in general?

I guess I'm just looking for some opinions on any of the questions above. The Digi001 has served me well and the Mac that I'm using has never been too little for my uses. I would just love to add a nice synth to the mix for some great drum sounds. So which software and which synth?

Thanks ahead of time. I greatly appreciate any opinions. Please also feel free to e-mail me at: badshirt@hotmail.com

PK

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Sun, 10/23/2005 - 18:49

I use the motif for recording and it works just fine. all the sounds come out just the way i expect them to sound. all my drum parts come from my motif. i also use it as a controller for some midi software and again it workd great. My only suggestion would be to pick up a bass synth plug in . As i am not too satisfied with the bass leads they have stored into thier sound bank. The sequencing works fine on the motif as well . Its a different story to sequence it on PT or any other software.