Skip to main content

Hi,

I'm looking for studio monitors, but my bugdet is not too high. I was checking the Near 05 and Truth B2030A, but I'm not sure about what would be better for that price.

I'd really appreciate your help, comments, advices, etc...

Thanks in advance!

Topic Tags

Comments

Ellegaard Fri, 01/28/2005 - 06:26

I've heard good about the nEAR 05's, but never heard them myself. Although Behringer is a much hated company, I ended up taking home a couple of their B2030A's above Tapco S5, M-Audio BX5, Alesis M1 and Yamaha MSP6 because I found them more powerful, linear and comfortable to listen to. The quality you get pretty much equals what you pay for, so I believe it comes down to preference - and that's not something you can ask others about.

I have good experience with my Behringer monitors, and I've heard awesome mixes done on them. But test the monitors in your music store - bring some CDs you know well, preferably also some classical music in order to spot any peaks (like hyped top, boomy bottom, etc), and make your choice!

Ellegaard Fri, 01/28/2005 - 16:46

We're also in an entirely different price range there, so it's not really a fair comparasion. If I'm not entirely wrong I think Behringer also had Mackie in mind when designing their Truth monitors - or perhaps some clever combination? Don't know, all I can tell is they don't sound like the Genelec 1031s.