Skip to main content

I am new to this and have a quick question...we just got a Behringer PMP2000 power mixer and two Behringer b212XL speakers. The back of the PMP2000 has three "Speakon" outputs: Left (Main); Bridge; and Right (Monitor). My question is...we want to use the channels on the mixer to input vocals, guitars, bass, drums, etc and to run that out to our multitrack recording device, using the tape RCA outputs. We want to only hear the vocals through the PA speakers while playing live (as monitors). Can I hook the two speakers up to the Right "Speakon" output as just monitors so I can just assign the vocals to them...leaving the Left "Speakon" output empty...or must the two "Speakon" outputs be balanced?

Comments

AUD10 Sun, 12/25/2011 - 08:20

Separate mono channels

On that mixer, you can use the mode switch so that the Right Speakon channel is used a mono (main) out and the Left Speakon channel as a mono (monitor) out.

In this mode, you do not need to have both Speakons connected.

Use the individual channel monitor levels to send the vocal channels to the monitor output. There is an overall monitor level setting as well.