Skip to main content

Okay just got the 002 Digidesign and my firewire connection was working fine.

Than i moved my studio in my basement and eversince the connection is green and working than the firewire loses connection, goes back on and goes back off, sometimes it stays on than sometimes it goes back off and doesnt come back its very bad and I'm not sure what the problem is.

I am running Pro Tools 7 on Windows Media Center Edition.

I am not sure whether this is the firewire cable or the 002 rack it self.

Comments

Dosser Wed, 05/30/2007 - 22:46

Its very likely you now have a bad power supply. This is a common problem with the 002R. The best thing to do is call Digi Tech Support. They will likely tell you the same thing based on the symptoms you described. If its still under warranty, they may ship you another 002, and have you return your busted one in the same box.

TVPostSound Fri, 06/01/2007 - 14:51

It's not a bad power supply, it's a problem with the power harness.

The definitive fix is to open the box, trace all wires from the power supply, remove all connectors, spray a little Caig's on the connectors, and reinstall the connectors.

Yes. Digidesign can, and will send you a new power harness, but the problem will comeback unless you use the Caig's.

anonymous Fri, 06/01/2007 - 17:00

Thanks thats weird because I just got the Rack on Monday, but it was the last rack in the back not in the box so im guessing maybe it got kicked around a little and made the connections loose? and what is Caig's, where can this be purchased.

And do I need the new Power Harness?

And have you had this problem as well?

The rack does not go off just the green light doesnt go on where the firewire plugs in the back, but a red light on the front is on. Just to clear things up exactly.

Right now currently its working, but im scared that it will stop working again, the things Bipolar Lol.