Skip to main content

I have a Korg D1600, but I'm finding that I don't have enough tracks to do everything I would like. Therefore I am thinking of purchasing software for my new computer to do HD recording on it. I would like to still use the 1600 interface (making it the master)... my question is what would be the best software/soundcard mix to make this happen? My computer is a 3.06Ghz P4 and I currently have an Audigy Platinum 2 sound card. I believe I have a good enough set up to use pretty much any software package (1GB PC-800 ram, 2 80GB HD's in RAID striped configuration and a Matrox Parhelia 512 video card hooked to 3 monitors - which begs another question, which software packages have multimonitor support?). I'd really appreciate any advice as I'm starting to feel lost in a world of synchronization hades.

Topic Tags

Comments

Opus2000 Fri, 01/10/2003 - 16:39

First of all....lose the soundblaster and get a real sound card...soundblasters only cause issues with buffering of large track counts and plug ins...also latency and playback issues. Not only that but terrible sync loss and audio drifting issues....trust me...get a real card!
Delta, Echo, RME or Aardvark...can't go wrong with any of those.
Your PC will run anything and all software programs utilize multiple monitors...it's up to you to stretch it across the screens.
Several software programs out there...most popular right now(IMHO) is Cubase SX and soon to be Nuendo 2.0.
Also try to buy the program to support the software manufacturers....it's always a nice thing to do ya know!
HTH
Opus

x

User login