Skip to main content

Thinking of getting one to plugin to my dbx 376, as an "insert". Would simplify my VO work, as I could then do, basically, everything I normally do - going in(Both units have dbx compression and de-essing, so I could processs the life out of everything!). Apparently, when I move-up to Wavelab 6, I can even use the box as a " plugin ", via USB... Cute, I guess.

Has anyone tried the unit? I'm somewhat putoff by it's low price? Of course, the dbx is nothing to brag(Much, it's nice.) about, either, but will the Lexicon still be valid as I move up - is the quality "there", inspite of the price?(Actually, for the price, I can just throw the thing out when I no longer need it, ey?) I'm just looking for some basic, smooth reverbs/effects to fill-out my "normal" VO, at times, without going into the software later(Some of the cheap stuff I do, I reallly have to burn through, so I can talk myself into believing it was worth it for time spent...)((Assuming I can completely produce and ship out a 30" VO in about 45", total?)).

BTW: I have to ask:

"Insert". The dbx says it has "tip" send "ring" return("Sleeve" ground?), on a single 1/4" jack, while the Lexicon has "seperate" send/return 1/4" jacks. Would I need a "custom Y-cable, or is this an "industry standard" thing that someone like Hosa "stocks"?

TG

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Fri, 11/10/2006 - 22:27

"Insert". The DBX says it has "tip" send "ring" return("Sleeve" ground?), on a single 1/4" jack, while the Lexicon has "seperate" send/return 1/4" jacks. Would I need a "custom Y-cable, or is this an "industry standard" thing that someone like Hosa "stocks"?

just a standard insert cable is fine. many cable companies stock them

twon