Skip to main content

I bought a used Digi 002R on ebay. When I plugin the Digi 002R into my Mac mini, the 002R is not recognized when starting the Pro Tools LE 6.9.3 application. The hard dive that is plugged into the back of the 002R is also not being recognized on the Mac Mini, not even in Disk Utility. I proceeded to check the hard drive by plugging it directly into the mac mini and it mounted without any issues. I tried starting up the Pro Tools 6.9.3 application with an Mbox and Pro Tools LE 6.9.3 worked flawlessly.
I thought it could not be loading due to a compatibility issue with Pro Tools 6.9.3, so I uninstalled Pro Tools 6.9.3 and installed Pro Tools LE 7.1. Again, the harddrive mounted without issue when plugged directly into the Mac mini. So, I unplugged the harddrive, plugged in the 002R, and again, Pro Tools did not recognize the hardware. The harddrive, when plugged into the back of the 002R, also did not mount on the Mac mini and was not recognized in Disk Utility. When I tried starting Pro Tools LE 7.1 with the Mbox it started flawlessly.
I returned the used unit and bought a brand new Digi 002 and I still have the same problem. Could it be a setting problem on my Mac Mini? What am I doing wrong? Am I facing the wrong way when praying to the Digi Gods? Please help.So, at this point I am at a loss. Any ideas? Please? Email me at ryanprocopio@yahoo.com thanks so much.

System Config:

Mac Mini - 1.5 Ghz PowerPC G4
Mac OSX 10.4.8
1 GB DDR SDRAM
External Hardrive (plugged into back of Digi002) : Western Digital
Model #WD2500D032-000 (Firewire 400)
Now running Pro Tools LE 7.1
Digi 002R Serial Number: UA6270600G

Topic Tags

Comments

hueseph Mon, 09/10/2007 - 08:20

PT 7 came out FOR the Digi 002. As far as I know the 002 will support up to 7.3. Just wondering if it isn't an Intel Mac incompatability thing. You may need to upgrade to 7.3 but I'm just taking stabs. I think the suggestion to check in profiler is a good place to start.

Ok. Maybe I should've read the entire post first. :oops: I'll just leave my error there for laughs. Can't an Intel issue when you have a Power PC chip. :roll:

Dosser Tue, 09/11/2007 - 06:29

The 002 definitely works with Protools 7.3. Also, BRH's suggestion of having the 002 last in your firewire chain, after the drive, is how Digidesign recommends you hook it up.

I recently bought a newer computer for my LE system. I had similar problems as you. The new computer would run PT fine with an MBox2, but it kept failing to launch with the 002R. The firwire bus worked fine with my external drives, but would never recognize the 002R when hooked up, whether I had external drives hooked up or not. I ended up adding a PCI Firewire bus card, and with the 002R hooked up to that, it worked fine.

Obviously, you can't do that with a Mac Mini. My point is, if you've tried everything else, it may be time to call Digi tech support.