Skip to main content

I just bought a Digi 002 on Ebay, never used one before trying to set it up, sort of scared it's broken:

So I plug it in, turn it on and all I get is a red light under the "Mute" button. Tried installing the software, says the hardware cannot be found. I tried plugging it into my laptop to see if the laptop even realized something was plugged in. No Windows 'buh beep' sound at all.

Now I'm just slightly nervous, but when you turn on an unplugged digi 002 is that all that is supposed to come on the red l.e.d.?

Thanks
-Ashton

Topic Tags

Comments

pmolsonmus Sun, 10/31/2010 - 17:02

Are you using authorized PT software? Has it been updated with the appropriate firmware? Is this the OO2r?- there were lots of problems w/ the power harness. Did you buy from a reputable seller?
Does it just make a clicking sound?

The DUC (Digi User's Conference) is a great source for info as well.

Good luck

kcfroines Sun, 11/14/2010 - 09:10

yeah, when you turn on a 003/002, it defaults to having the speakers muted (the red LED under the mute button). Install the drivers, and when the device is being used by the computer, the green light (1394) will be lit to show its connected.

It won't connect automatically when you plug it in, you have to open a pro tools session, or set your computer to use it as the audio outputs

x