Skip to main content

Hi
I have encountered a peculiar problem, and i literally can't find anyone who has the same problem. I just bought a new USB microphone "the t.bone GC 100 USB" Windows update installed the drivers and the mic works but when activated, all other sounds on my pc stops playing. and the second i leave teamspeak or test the mic in windows, the sounds start playing again.

e.g. when i open up recording devices everything mutes but only when i have the "recording" tab open. When i click on another tab like "playback" or "sounds" i can hear everything again.

Communications is set to "Do nothing" and i tried my friends t.bone 440 USB mic and it works just fine without muting everything.

Any help is appreciated.

Topic Tags

Comments

pcrecord Wed, 04/16/2014 - 11:31

It seems you computer thinks your usb mic is an audio interface. While your usb mic connected, in the control pannel, in sound check if your main audio is of your as disapear. if so right click in the window and choose show disable peripherals. then try to activate it.

If it does'nt work, it may be possible that your software is using the mic in a different resolution that your main audio card is not compatible with (ex : 24bit 48khz) Then you need to ask teamspeak to use 16bit 44khz and it should not interfere with the main audio.

If nothing of this help, tell me, we'll other solutions. ;)

x

User login